Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day....

Truly the greatest gift I have ever been given and will ever receive, is the gift of being a Mom. A nurturer, a care taker, a teacher, a Mom and whatever a Mother truly is.....I am honored to be! My Mothers Day weekend started on Friday at Dylan's preschool where I was invited to a special 'Red, White & Blue Patriotic' tribute to Moms!  Dylan was very excited as he had been preparing for weeks now and he was just thrilled to have his Mom come to his school. He was very good at keeping a secret as to what this morning held for me, I just knew I was going to sit in a chair and he was going to sing songs to me!  That right there had my curiosity going and I was so excited for this!  The kids came in singing their own version of 'When the Children Come Marching In', it was adorable! I sat in a seat reserved just for me and Dylan stood right in front of me! It was precious! Almost every single Mom was in tears, happy and proud tears of course. It was precious to be at our child's school and being honored by our son! After singing 3 songs we ate homemade apple crisp and had ice cream too, yummy! It was a perfect morning with my little man!         

 
The Mothers in our life!
My Mom, Grandpa & Barbara with us when we visited PA! Memories live on Forever!
Mommy tears started long ago,
when your Dad proposed to me,
when I said yes they were happy tears
when he knelt on bended knee.
Mommy tears came once again
on the day that you were born,
these tears were mixed with Daddy's love
on that unforgettable morn.
Mommy tears were shed once more
when you spoke your very first word,
I thought that day would never come,
for Mama I swore I heard.
There were times when you got sick
and your fever came on fast,
my tears of worry started to fall
wondering how long this would last.
It wasn't long and you started school,
I kept strong as I watched you go,
but when I came into the house
Mommy tears had a steady flow.
Soon, I know, there will be a time
when you both become a man and woman,
for Mommy tears will slowly fall
when another holds your hand.
Someday you'll understand these tears
when you hold your daughter or son,
but for now I'll keep you to myself
as Mommy tears are never done.
I love our children more than words can even say! They have taught me so much about life and what each day is truly about! Dalton, Dylan & Danielle always know that Mommy love you SO much!
I love my Mom! She is the very best Grammy and Mom that a girl could ask for, thank you Mom for being you!
My Grandmother with Miss Danielle! She has taught me a lot about laughter recently and how much it is needed! Thank you Grandmother!
4 Generation picture we took just today! Brad's Mom and Grandma Martin!
Some do not get the opportunity to be a Mom, that truly saddens me for it is a gift that truly keeps on giving every single day. Some are mothers but not 'true' mothers, and that saddens me even more. Being a Mom is a gift that one should never take for granted. You can be a Mom in many ways, whether you are the Mother of your child or the Mother of a pet or the Mother of a child that is not of your blood, it is a gift............... and today we honor you!
"Her children arise and call her blessed…Honor her for all that her hands have done.”
 Proverbs 31:28,31

No comments:

Post a Comment