Sunday, November 27, 2011

30 Days of Thanks...

This November I tried every single day to make sure I made a mental note of what I was thankful for. Not being too cliche, but really sitting down and thinking what exactly each and every day I was thankful for, to have in my life or to have my life blessed by. I posted them on Facebook so I was sure to not forget:
{Day 1} I am thankful to know the love of a family.
{Day 2} Today I am thankful for a warm place to call our home and the feeling of little fingers around my neck for a big embrace after a long day at work :)

{Day 3}
Today I am thankful for a warm cup of green tea to soothe my sore throat at a place I call my employer doing a job I love. Thankful to be a working mom...I feel I am a better person because of this and hope my children understand some day.

{Day 4}
Today I am thankful for a fantastic school that educates Dylan during the week and a loving and nurturing sitter for Danielle to give her what she needs. We have some pretty fantastic educators in our life that we are very thankful for!

{Day 5}
Thankful for a relaxing morning at home with a hot cup of coffee and snuggles from my girl...and a husband who is having fun one on one play time with our son. Parenthood is our gift.

{Day 6}
Today I am thankful for an extra hour of sleep for the whole family. And a family fun day starting with snap shots of memories of our life right now!

{Day 7}Today I am extra thankful for my husband. He is a fantastic father for our children and a hard worker for our family! Thank you Brad we ♥ you lots!

{Day 8}
Today I am thankful for the medical team that has helped our children. Doctors nurses Rt 's and the therapists who continue to help our daughter every single week. These professionals have helped our children more than we can thank them for.

{Day 9} Today I am thankful for the changing of seasons. We live to appreciate them and there is nothing better than waking up to the first snowfall of the year and hearing the excitement in my little boys voice when he looks out the window, 'look mom, there's SNOW!' ♥ it!

{Day 10}
Today I'm thankful for my parents...instilling family values in me when I was young and helping me grow into who I am today.
{Day 11}
Today I am very thankful its Friday! Just a few working hours away from a fun filled weekend!
{Day 12}Thankful for 2 day weekends spent doing things at our own discretion. Jammie days, busy days around the house, fun days with friends and family...whatever we do, we love having these times to rejuvenate!

{Day 13}
What a beautiful day!!!! Fall cleaning and organizing... perfect day for it! Today I am thankful for opportunity that may come from places you would least expect!

{Day 14} Today I am thankful for my little ones internal alarm clocks who wake them up and me, especially after I turn my alarm clock off and fall back asleep.
{Day 15}
Today I am thankful for sunshine...regardless of the outside temperature sunshine is always good for my sole.
{Day 16} Today I am thankful for a cozy warm house on a very chilly November morning. Very thankful we have a place to call home. It was kinda hard to get out of bed today knowing it was only 13 degrees out with the wind chill! Burr!!
{Day 17}Today I am thankful for the very best friends a girl could ask for. Near or far we always keep in touch and are very much a part of each others lives :)
{Day 18}
Today I am thankful for our children, all 3 of them. Today I wear purple for my children to raise awareness for national prematurity awareness day. The gift of life is one not to be taken for granted. ♥ my three D's.
{Day 19}
Today I am thankful for grandparents. Love our elders and really enjoyed the company of two Grandmas today. They put such an amazing perspective on life!
{Day 20}
Today I am thankful for moments of reflection with my hubby. I am so thankful that we are on the same page about life in general, as husband and wife and as parents. I am so grateful for the day we spent reflecting on life, together.
{Day 21}
Today I am thankful for Mondays...they bring me back to reality, which I do need at times after a few days off work. And the extra bonus ...its a short week so I really don't mind ;)
{Day 22}
Today I am thankful for technology.
{Day 23}  Today I am thankful for freedom. To live in a country where we can make our own choices and live how we feel is best for us.
{Day 24}Very thankful for all the blessings in my life. My husband, children, parents, siblings, family and friends. So much to be thankful for what we have in our life right now, roof over our heads, transportation to get us to where we need to be, jobs that we love, food on our table for our family and much more. God is great, much blessings to all of our family and friends today. Looking forward to spending the day with family and long time friends that are family to us. To those across the miles... I miss you all so much.
{-Happy Thanksgiving!-}
{Day 25}Today I am thankful for the internet and online deals! First year in awhile that I'm not out shopping but rather shopping early in my jammies, online, while my little monkeys are still sleeping off their turkey!
{Day 26} Today I am thankful for our furry child. Skylar without a doubt puts a smile on our face every single day.
{Day 27} Today I am thankful for being able to snuggle up with our little ones and falling back asleep. Waking up with them in my arms and trying not to move so they sleep for just a little bit longer.
The next 3 days coming up!
This Thanksgiving we had a few great days with family. Last Saturday we spent with Brad's family. It was a nice day spent catching up and the kids had a great time playing and got lots of attention! They were exhausted when we came home, Dylan sure got his work out in playing with his cousin Carson and Uncles Nick and Tony, he was one tuckered out little boy!
 Dylan & Carson

Thanksgiving Day was spent with my Dad's side of the family. We invited several of our close family friends to our feast this year. It was a lot of fun having such a large group of people to celebrate with. We rented the upper level of the Guarantee Bank in Fairfax, we have had several family functions there the past few years and it works out perfect. A huge amount of room and a full kitchen. We packed in with our goodies and had just that a true Thanksgiving feast.
~Playtime with Grandpa~
~Little girl play time too~
Football was in full swing
 Just the start of crock pot row!
We had a very nice day celebrating with family and friends. My favorite part of the day was just before our feast, we went all around the room and each person and child said what they were thankful for this year. It was a very nice touch to this Thanksgiving day. No doubt we were all thankful to have family to celebrate with. After dinner it was wine and more wine and games and lots of laughs..... Perfect round up for our Thanksgiving 2011.







No comments:

Post a Comment