With Valentines day in the horizon last weekend, how appropriate to cook up some chocolate deliciousness!
He had a lot of fun learning to measure with the measuring cup, pouring in of course and using those arm muscles with lots of mixing! The best part of course was tasting the yummy chocolate brownie at the end after it was all cooked, yum!!!
This weekend well we made something kinda fun. Looks can be deceiving let me tell you, but how cool is this.....VERY cool if you're 5!
He had a lot of fun poking the hard spaghetti noodles thru the hot dogs, pouring them in the boiling water and about 10 minutes later seeing the finished product! How did those noodles stay in those hot dogs anyway, he asked! And then what are noodles without a little butter and Parmesan cheese?! Well obviously hot dogs don't taste too bad with those toppings either because this meal was a HIT!
Something I always remember my Dad telling me at a very young age, 'honey I'm going to teach you how to cook in case you marry a man who doesn't know how.' Well thankfully my husband does know how, very well actually, but 90% of the time I find myself in the kitchen cooking up something new! Something I learned from my daddy, and now even if its something new and really good....well, a text picture message sent to my Dad with my new concoction is something that does occasionally happen ;) So with Dylan learning a few fun things in the kitchen at a young age, well just a little different kind of bonding time now on our Sunday afternoons, I love every bit of it!
Our craft day last weekend consisted of making Valentines! Dylan had 17 Valentines to make plus a few we put in the mail to the kids little friends as well. So it was a fun afternoon with scissors, glue, glitter and stickers!
And well now the snow has melted but before it did, a couple weeks ago we made time for some outdoor fun in the field of white! Sledding super fast down the hill in our yard and even making it ALL the way down to the fence! Lots of giggles and 'oh yeas' with some big high fives on this day!
And we cannot forget about quality play time as siblings! Both Brad and I are extremely proud of Dylan and the amount of interest he has shown in his sister over the past couple of months. There was always a bond before, as siblings naturally have. But these past couple of months, on a daily basis he tells her he loves her, when she gets in the car after daycare he asks her how her day was, and wants to play with her and interact with her non-stop at home and let me tell you.....he makes her smile! Just yesterday Dylan had a morning out with his Daddy and Danielle and I were at home. Brad called me on the phone and Dylan wanted to talk to me, so I was talking with Dylan, and holding Danielle and she heard Dylan in the background so she started to babble a bit. I asked Dylan if he wanted to talk to his sister and he said, 'yes', so I put the phone to her ear and he talked to her for the next couple of minutes and our little girls face had the biggest smile from ear to ear, she was giggling and looking all around for his voice. It....melted....my....heart! SO precious! I wish I would have recorded Danielle's reaction. The camera is always around at home and capturing play-times like these on film are priceless to us too!
And another bit of fun.....well Grandma Holub works with a nice man at Rockwell who makes fun trinkety things. This just so happens to be right up Dylan's alley, an M&M dispenser. Well Grandma knows what Dylan loves so she gave this to him for Valentines day and it is perfect. It dispenses just the right amount of M&M's for our little guy (2) and when he is good, this is used for rewards. You know things that happen as a parent that make you really proud, well like big poops on the potty and dry nights and even taking a dish to the sink after supper without having to be asked. So that is what our M&M dispenser is used for....when we can keep Daddy's choc-a-holic paws out of it ;-)
Most of our weekend days have been filled with fun things and activities that I listed above. And some quiet reading time too for all of us. Dylan loves to sit on the floor and line his books up in order of what he wants to read next. He is SO anal and likes everything just perfect! See for yourself!
Danielle has been trying some new fun things out at therapy and playing with a few of her favorites at home.
This is a new rainbow swing that she seems to really love.
Pom Poms, they put an instant smile on this little girls face!
And a new scooter Barb has had her on at therapy, a new sort of independence....
sister gets it goin'!!!!!
And I just LOVE how sisters mind says, 'well if your going to tickle my feet brother'........
'then I'm gonna put em' right on top of you'! And he doesn't care one bit! Love them to pieces!!!
February, where in the world have you gone?! We're not complaining other than the times spent with our little ones goes by way too fast! But Spring, yes, spring is just around the corner. Without a doubt we have had one beautiful winter, but with March just around the corner, Spring Fever is definitely filling our house really quick!~











No comments:
Post a Comment