Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sights and Sounds of the Season!

I just LOVE this time of the year! As a matter of fact, I get quite emotional when thinking about Christmas and the Holiday Season in general. This year it came up so incredibly fast for me, I didn't think I was prepared......but I have fallen to the true meaning of Christmas. I love every minute of it and I LOVE having a husband and two little children to spend it with. It is truly about them.
Brad has been home for the past week playing Mr. Mom! It is SO good for him, (wink, wink) and the kids also! He will return to work the Monday after New Years so we both are enjoying this time having him home! He has taken over the pre-school duties and we have taken Dylan out of before and after school childcare for these few weeks, since Brad is home, so he takes Dylan to pre-school at 8:45 and returns to pick him up at 11:30 and then those two have the whole day to themselves! It is great. Daddy is also sharing in taking Danielle to therapy, which is excellent too. So these next few weeks are very precious for family time!
Dylan has been making so many neat things at pre-school. He has come home with this adorable ornament that he is SO proud of. He hung it right on the tree for us!

And on Friday at pre-school they celebrated Baby Jesus' Birthday, they also made baby Jesus dolls and he is even more proud of this. Silly mom didn't quite know what it was and called it Mr. Potato head.....and OH MY lord did Daddy scold me. Dylan was in bed when I got home. I walked in and I saw it sitting on the table, I had been out shopping for the evening and walked in the house to find one of Dylan's precious hand made items from school. Well thank goodness Dylan didn't hear me say that I thought it was Mr. Potato Head! This in fact is Baby Jesus, wrapped in a blanket and he even has a halo on his head. Baby Jesus even has a beard, even though he is a baby ;) I LOVE seeing how excited our child is to make and then show these creations to us. This is the best part of our days when he gets home, seeing what is in his backpack and hearing his explanation of how he made it!Saturday morning we ventured to Dylan's First Christmas Program. He was so excited to have Mom and Dad and Danielle and Grandma Holub, Great Grandma Martin, and Uncles Tony and Nick there with him. We had briefly heard him practicing his songs at home, but this was the full reveal!

Each pre-school class sang 2 songs and then all of the classes together sang. It was SO cute. It took until about the middle of the first song for Dylan to warm up and start singing, but then he belted it out and did the hand motions and all. In between songs each child scoured the audience for their parents and family's, Dylan finally found us and waved like crazy. Our hearts had already melted! This was one of the best firsts as a parent, that we have experienced yet!
We have already had one Christmas, this past weekend we celebrated with Brad's Grandma Martin. Saturday after Dylan's Christmas program, we headed over to Brad's parents to celebrate with his Grandma, Aunt and Uncle and cousins. It was great seeing the cousins together really for the first time.... all at one time.
Danielle got some snuggles with Uncle Tony...
and Uncle Nick too!
Dylan and his cousin Carson are just a few months apart and they sure had a lot of fun being boys!
Dylan was patiently waiting for the 'go-ahead' to tear open his presents! He sat and sat and sat....and then the kids got the go-ahead to tear into their gifts! He peeked inside and said, 'o0ooh mommy, look what is inside.' Some very fun gifts for such a good boy and girl!
Thank you Great Grandma for the fun Christmas presents! Danielle and I LOVE them!

Sunday I had lunch with a few girlfriends and then we headed to see Follidays at Coe College. What a wonderful performance! It really got me excited for what Christmas brings. The sounds of music and children's voices, singing and giggling! It was a very delightful show! We are excited for this week, spending time with family and friends! The kids are very excited to see what Santa may bring, pending they have been a good boy and a good girl ;) Mom and Dad are excited to sit back and soak it all in, the true meaning of Christmas, being together with the ones we love and our children that are truly the light in our life.~

No comments:

Post a Comment