Sunday, November 21, 2010

BIG surprise!

Back on a sunny Spring day in May, I was browsing online and came across an advertisement for Mickey's Rockin' Road Show. I was a little curious and browsed a bit further. I quietly called Brad over and we looked and read reviews and decided that this would be perfect to get tickets and take the kids. So I typed in the number of tickets we needed and the request came back with tickets for the 6Th row.....I ran to the kitchen for my purse and hit 'purchase' as quick as I could! The anticipation has been with us since way back in May, this past Friday night that anticipation became a reality!

We both decided we wouldn't tell Dylan where we were going. Brad picked Dylan up from school around 2 that day, and that in itself was quite the surprise! I picked up Danielle and headed home to get the boys, packed up the car and we were off. We headed to Gringos for a quick dinner, good thing we had reservations because the place was packed with families also eating dinner before the big show.

So while at dinner, Dylan was thinking that going out to dinner was his big surprise. Well the little girl at the table next to us started talking with her parents about Mickey Mouse....so we looked at each other and decided at this point we had to tell him what he was about to see. So I said, 'Dylan guess where Mom and Dad are going to take you after you eat aaallll of your dinner?' He looked at us with these inquisitive eyes, 'where mommy' he said. I said well, ' Mommy and Daddy are going to take you to see Mickey Mouse and his friends', his eyes could not have gotten any bigger and at that very moment he raised his voice and said, 'you mean I get to go see the Mickey Mouse show...OH BOY' he said! It was priceless!. At that very moment our hearts melted, seeing the excitement in our child's eyes was the most precious moment ever. He could not have been any more excited to go and see his favorite Disney character in real life.




So we ate up our dinner and headed across the street to the US Cellular Center. We walked in, to what seemed like a Disney Extravaganza! There were vendors everywhere and Disney this and that and everything! We quick got in line and Dylan got to pick out his most favorite toy, the light up, spinning Mickey Mouse. We grabbed a soda for Mom and Dad and headed to find our seats. The 6Th row seemed like the 3rd row because the rows were small and the stage was huge. We were so excited and the kids were captivated right away. Soon after we sat down the music started and a performer came out and started singing songs and a couple characters came on the big screen. Dylan was, 'awww Mom' this and 'awww Dad' that, it was so cute!
Soon after the MC came out and the show was under way. There was a ton of singing and dancing and flashing lights. Danielle was captivated right away. She was smiling from ear to ear, loving the lights and I am sure also recognizing some of the music.










(at this point, sadly my camera battery died, so we resulted in pics with our phones)


Dylan was all eyes on the stage for the entire show. He was extremely sad at intermission thinking it was already over. When we convinced him it was going to start again he was just fine, oh, and after he got his BIG bucket of popcorn! During the second half a bunch of kids from around us went up front to dance and sing along. Dylan wanted to go up but also wanted Mom right by his side. So I kneeled on the floor and he went up front for a little bit to be right beneath ALL of the action.

The finale was really neat! Donald Duck exploded his big 'surprise' and confetti started flying everywhere. It started like this......
and then it continued like this!!!!! The confetti was everywhere, as you can see it was like we were in the middle of a blizzard!!!!!! Being right up front we got the full effects! It was covering all of us. Dylan put his head down and covered his eyes because it was almost hard to see! Such a great ending to a perfect show!!

The show was a huge hit! Brad and I loved it almost as much as the kids did. The show had a great story line and the backdrop, props and costumes were amazing, the talent was pretty incredible also! We are very happy we were able to do this for the kids. We definitely look forward to another show of some sort in the near future! What a great family night, memories that will be cherished forever!!~

No comments:

Post a Comment