We are welcoming into our lives this 2012 a few firsts. We have experienced a few firsts since the beginning of the year, experiencing these things with our children couldn't be more grand!
*First visit to the Children's Museum-
We took a weekend, spent it with family and we had a grand old time! Brad and I and the kids headed off to Iowa City for a family fun day. We stopped for lunch and then headed off to the Children's Museum. We had heard nothing but fantastic reports from other families and were excited to experience it for ourselves! There was so much to see and do so we started weaving our way thru the numerous exhibits and hands on activities.
We had a great time, the kids loved it and it was a great place to spend an afternoon together!
*First Registration-
Last week I registered Danielle for her first year of pre-school! I keep telling myself this can't possibly be happening, she cannot possibly be that big yet....and my mind keeps telling me, 'but oh, she is!' It was quite the process. In November we submitted papers for Open Enrollment, on Brad's birthday we found out Danielle was accepted, but on March 1st we would still need to register. First come, first serve I was told. The Director shared with me that they usually fill up in minutes so I will want to arrive right at 7am to get a spot and then hopefully to get the school of our choice.
So the me and 2 kids in tow arrived at the Linn-Mar District offices last week at 6:30am. The parking lot seemed pretty open still, although I saw a couple chairs sitting outside the door, like a black Friday 'secure your spot', they weren't occupied, so since it was early the kids and I waited in the car for a little bit. About 6:45 I saw a couple other parents walk in and thought, 'ok maybe the line had started'? So I got the kids out and we went in. A friendly lady greeted me amongst the other parents and she stated, 'the end of the line is down there, would you like me to hold your daughter for a little bit?' I nodded her off with an, 'its ok' and proceeded to the end of the line. Looking ahead I saw that I was at least a hundred some people deep in the line, OH MY WORD! At 6:45 am! The line was half Mom's and half Dad's, only a handful of other children...(those people were smart). So Danielle snug in my arms and Dylan clinging at my hip, we waited and waited. The nice lady kept asking if she could relieve my arms, as she saw the discomfort on my face. I chatted with a Mom and then another Dad in front of me, the Dad was hilarious calling his wife saying, 'do you even know how many people are here?' I was thinking on telling my husband the same thing! I had no idea. So an hour and a half later at about 8:15 we got....the Golden Ticket!!!!!
That is pretty much what it was, the ticket to say we got a spot! We arrived to the Registration table over an hour later and the lady in front of me was so disappointed the 3 yr old Classes were all full and the waiting list had began, much to my surprise I was able to secure one of the last spots for the 4 yr old Class, which is just want we wanted! If I could have jumped and clicked my heels together with 2 kids in tow, well I sure would have. All of my tiredness and backbreaking pain had just went away, it was SO worth it! So our little girl is officially a Little Lion and we are SO happy! We will be getting an e-mail in the next few weeks telling us the school we got into. Preschool will be a first for our little girl this year and we are so very excited for her!
*First time Bowling-
This weekend we took Dylan bowling for the very first time. Brad's Mom had scheduled this way back at Christmas time and the weekend finally arrived. Dylan was very excited and had been anticipating for a few days how much fun he would have! We arrived at the bowling alley with Brad's entire family for a late afternoon full of fun!
Dylan had a lot of fun. Of course his two Uncles Nick and Tony had him all sorts of riled up! He enjoyed their help and Daddy's too with his first time sending the ball down the lanes. He did a great job and this is something that we will definitely do again soon! We rounded out the evening with a cook out at Brad's parents. By the time that dessert came, we were all exhausted and lounging around. Even Dylan was curled up in the recliner ready for bed! It was a great family evening and a very fun first for Dylan!
*First round of swim lessons with NO tears!-
We started swim lessons back up and thankful they went much better than the weekend before. This was our first round of lessons with NO tears! Dylan had literally an 'underwater' experience last session and it has taken him a long time to become our little fishy again. No longer is he afraid, we are SO happy to have our little fishy back!
This round of lessons he is in the Eel class, meaning a lot more structure and core swim principles are learned. How to tread water for example is something new and a first for Dylan. Thankfully his instructor, Ann Marie, is amazing and Dylan had a blast!
Dylan did a great job, loved learning new things and Danielle had a lot of fun too! Our water babies are back in full force, hooray!
**Sometimes firsts leave your heart empty**
Today an angel received her wings. My beautiful cousin Kellie was lifted up to be with God. She leaves a lot of empty hearts as her soul from us is gone, but her Memory and her full of life spirit will live on forever. She has left a legacy for her two beautiful little children, Lynzie and Kellen. She leaves behind a husband who will make sure her memory lives on forever. Her family was everything to Kellie, she had a heart bigger than anything I can explain. She wanted the best for everyone, she fought with all of her might and even in the end it was her doctor who said Kellie there is no more. Hearts are breaking and there will be many firsts for her family this year that will be very very hard.
God called home a beautiful soul. Kellie lost her battle with cancer after 7 years, she fought very very hard up until her last minutes and she taught us so much about life and how valuable it is. Hearts ache as she leaves behind a husband and two very little kids. RIP Kellie, you have left a wonderful legacy behind for your children to carry on. May God bless your husband and your children as their hearts are aching. You have been lifted up and now you are free. As hearts break, tears fall your memory will live on thru us all. We are greatful for knowing and loving someone as wonderful as you.~
A Rainy Monday.....
7 years ago















No comments:
Post a Comment